What is Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS?
Porsche announced the new 718 Cayman GT4 RS on Wednesday, November 17, 2021.
The Cayman GT4 RS is the new flagship model of the 718 family, a lightweight construction, a very fast chassis setup, and an uncompromising car with excellent aerodynamics and sound.
Now, let's take a look at the specs of this 718 Cayman GT4 RS ^^
- The 718 Cayman GT4 RS is King in the range of compact midengines
- On the Nürburgring Nordschleife, 20.832km is 7: 09.300, and 20.6km is 7: 04.511718, which is 23.6 seconds faster than the 718 Cayman GT4.Record lap time
- The engine is a Porsche 911 GT3 cup, and a naturally aspirated horizontally opposed 6-cylinder engine from the 911 GT3 commercial model
- Rev limit 9,000 rpm
- Power is 500 horsepower (PS) which is 80 horsepower (PS) more than 718 Cayman GT4
- Maximum torque is 450Nm
- 0-100km 3.4 seconds (3.9 seconds on PDK GT4)
- Maximum speed 315 km / h (302 km / h on PDK GT4)
- One of the new features is the process air intake behind the driver and passenger seat windows.
- Process air intake improves the intake airflow and creates a better sound.
- The air intake in front of the rear tire is for cooling the engine
- Like other Porsche RS models, the transmission is only PDK (7 speed), it is also possible to operate the paddle and use the redesigned selector lever of the center console.
- Lightweight structure is essential because it is an RS model, the weight of 718 Cayman GT4 RS is only 1,415 kg (weight when full of gasoline based on DIN standard and unmanned), 35 kg lighter than GT4
- Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP / carbon fiber reinforced plastic) is used for components such as the bonnet and front wing to reduce weight.
- Lightweight carpet reduces the amount and weight of insulation
- The rear window is made of lightweight glass
- To eliminate all extra grams, the door handle is a lightweight door panel with nylon loops
- Fixed rear wing has a swan neck and aluminum wing support
- This wing format is derived from the Porsche 911 RSR GT racing car and was first adopted in the production car of the 911 GT3 (992).
- Vehicle height is 30 mm lower than 718 Cayman
- Other features
- An eye-catching vent on the front tire arch
- Underbody panel with optimized aerodynamics leading to the rear diffuser
- Multi-adjustable front diffuser
- New front spoiler with flowaround side blades (generates about 25% larger downforce than GT4)
- Improved chassis also contributes to greater performance improvements
- Ball joint firmly fixes the chassis to the body for more accurate and direct handling
- Adjustable circuit-compatible RS-specific shock absorber setup, as well as improved spring and anti-roll bar rates
- There is also an optional Weissach package:
- Carbon weave finish on front boot lid, process air intake, cooling air intake, air box cover, upper trim of side mirrors, rear wing
- The exhaust system similar to the Porsche 935 is a titanium tailpipe
- The rear seat roll cage is also made of titanium
- The upper part of the dashboard is made of lace tex material
- Large Porsche logo on the rear window
- 20-inch forged magnesium wheels can be ordered as an option instead of 20-inch forged aluminum wheels in the Weissach package.
The most "uncompromising and sharpest" 718 model
No, is the engine and rear wing from Porsche 911 GT3? !! Anyway, Porsche says that this 718 Cayman GT4 RS is the most uncompromising and sharp model in the 718 family.
Uh, yeah, that's right ^^
In addition, the 718 Cayman GT4 RS Club Sport will also be active in several race series from 2022.
718 Cayman GT4 RS Price
According to information released overseas, delivery of the 718 Cayman GT4 RS will start in December 2021 (that's early!), And the price is 141,338 euros (about 18.34 million yen).
Domestic prices in Japan are as follows:
|model||transmission||handle||Price (tax included)|
|718 Cayman GT4 RS||7-speed PDK||Right / left||18.43 million yen|
Yeah? There is almost no difference from the prices announced overseas. There are also handles, right and left.
That's why we started accepting pre-orders for the 718 Cayman GT4 RS from November 17, 2021 in Japan as well.
Well, it's cool ~. This is one that I want a little ^^! !!
◆ Porsche to world premiere of 718 Cayman GT4 RS in November